Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Little About The Admin

My name is Samson Obi Solomon Akpaka, Known online by Google and other search engines as Sam Milla or Sammy Milla.
The name Obiadinma which means *The heart Rejoices* was given to me at birth While Samson was given to me the day my parents Baptised me in the Catholic Church. Solomon, inspired by wisdom ,my confirmation name was given to me by myself. Akpaka, Name of one of the strongest trees is my family name. I was born in a small town called IHE, meaning *THE LIGHT* in Awgu Local Govt Area Of Enugu State Nigeria, Africa.
My father was an extra-ordinary gentleman and a teacher, Known for his kind heart, his wisdom and most of all, his humorous kind of life. His name is Anthony. My mother Cordelia is also a nice woman and a teacher, Judging by the kind of respect she commands in our little town. I grew up in my little village. My journey into Academic world started when i was 4years. I was enrolled into Elementary School in my home town. I came first in my class and that was how the story started. I came first the next term and continued until i finished my elementary school. I got into the Local Secondary School called Community Secondary School IHE Where i continued my first class end of the term results. I was every Teachers favorite pupil and student. As a kid, i grew like every other kid in the Neighborhood. Going to the streams to fetch water, To the bushes for firewoods, To the River for the lowest system of fishing, and also hunting for Rabbits and Grasscutters, (which unfortunately, i wasn’t good at doing). Yes i hunted like my elder brother Albert and every other youth in the village.

That brings me to the other members of my family. My Parents gave birth to three boys, Albert, Me and John, And to four girls, Bernadine, Judith, Cathrine and Linda. We are a Catholic family. I Joined Special Science School IHE, Enugu in 1994. Then the best Science school in the state. I finished there three years later and joined my elder brother in his used car spare parts business at Onitsha, A major trading city in eastern Nigeria. That marks the start of the trading era.

I never concentrated on the trading business as i was always reading books inside the market. I left for Lagos in 2000 and joined up with a friend of mine who goes to Lagos and Cotonou to buy goods. We used to buy used cars from Cotonou, Drive them to Nigeria and sell them either at Onitsha or Lagos. My little border crossing business took me to many West African countries including Ghana and Togo. Later in 2002, Albert my elder brother who has always stood solidly behind me and who also happened to see my desires to continue studying insisted that i go to Europe to study. I went to Germany in August 1st 2002 and continued my studies there. While in Germany, I visited many countries in Europe. Portugal, France, Spain, Slovakia, Ukraine, Holland, Italy and Austria. Travelling is one of my best things in life. I returned back to Nigeria on Easter 2006. While in Nigeria i started Studying Computer at a remote town in Lagos. I fell in love with the information technology, thus defining my involvement in the field today.
I later went back to Europe but this time to Holland where i started studying more about computer. Mostly online i might add. I love jokes more than every other thing. I have written many published jokes and humours for newspapers and magazines in Holland and received uncountable commendations from people around Europe. Due to my love to see people laugh at Every given time in life, I decided to open up a forum website for interaction with people. THE AFRICAN FORUM. Afrowall, The African forum was born as a result of the offline jokes people received from me. People advised me to become a stand up comedian. I left that advice under advisement for long. One day i asked my self , if people love what i send them offline, Why wont more people like it if i publish it somehow. Since only about 1% ever complained about my offlines. I picked up a newspaper in the Netherlands and decided to approach them. My first Humour and Jokes Got published in the following edition of the newspaper. Since then my articles are being published on every edition of the newspaper. Then it came to me that i could also interact with my friends easily if i can create a forum. I created and launched This forum on May 1st 2008. I also mastered the art of creating websites and developing them. One day, i was contacted by a promoter to take up my jokes to the stage since people love what they read on the papers. It was difficult for me to decide in the beginning but i eventually took up the challenge. Unfortunately for me , my first act was on a big stage where i was to face over 500 people. A popular comedian was invited and i had to perform alone with him that night. I rehearsed many of my jokes and took some advice from people but none of that could help me as i nearly fainted ten minutes before i was called to the stage. I eventually made it to the stage without falling. All it took me to take control of the stage was only a minute as i claps and loud laughter started interrupting me right from the beginning. I forgot that it was my first day immediately and managed to make the crowd roar with laughter for over 30 minutes. That was how i became i stand up comedian. Then new offers for shows started springing up. Currently i am developing a new website called -THE BEST OF JOKES AND HUMOUR BY SAM MILLA. The address is http://afrowall.com/sammilla


http://www.afrowall.com/hobbies-and-pen-pals/samson/?wap2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Afrowall

Search This Blog

Followers